I love vintage sewing patterns! I was way too excited for this challenge. I had planned on finishing my vintage cape, but I’m a bit off on that one. I found this pattern at the ASG Denver Fabric sale back in September. I love the loose styles of the 70’s and that whole Studio 54 vibe that I never did experience but it sure did look fun!
Secondly, I’m totally into elastic waist free flowing skirts and really had an itch in the dead of winter to make one. This skirt is not wearable right now with 30 degree temps.
- It is made from a rayon from Colorado Fabrics, will look cute in spring and summer.
- All the seams are French seams
- The skirt is not as voluminous as the drawing depicts but still cute.
- I sewed one pocket in I decided to forgo pockets. They’re way to shallow for actual use, so why have them? I didn’t feel like drafting deeper pockets, but will next time.
- I also liked the elastic casing which is just pre-made bias tape. I’ve never done a casing like that, but I sure do like it.
- Didn’t feel like taking a photo of me in it. Sorry!