My closet is void of summer tops. So, I put it upon myself to make a few this summer. This started out as a muslin, but it is a wearable muslin for sure, with mistakes minor and hidden.
Here’s a down and dirty review of New Look 6871.
- Name: New Look 6871
- View: D Modified
- Size: 10
- Fabric: From stash, Project Runway silky – no longer available.
- Level of Difficulty: Easy
- I took in two inches on the back fold and made a pleat. The blouse as written was huge. Next version I’ll just eliminate the excess completely prior to cutting out.
- I did a narrow chest adjustments on the yoke section to bring it in a bit.
- I did not add the section at the bottom.
- I followed the bias tips at Infectiousstitches.com and it came out pretty darn good.
Is this pattern a keeper or a stinker?
Keeper, I’ve got a cotton voile version already cut out. I think this would make a cute dress too.
The inside of this one is quite a mess, the fabric frays like crazy. Next one, I’d like to work on making the inside as nice as the outside with French seams or binding.
In the above photo I was trying to take a picture showing a different style option. My hands and arms, what do you do with them! So awkward.