I made this dress over the weekend. It is similar to Vogue 8645 I made last year. This is a very easy pattern to sew.
- I lengthed it by about four inches. I cut out the size XS.
- I did not use the facing pieces but instead put in bias binding along the neck line. I made matching bias binding for the arm holes.
- The arm holes seemed unusually high for me so I dropped them by about 1/2″.
- I did not sew on the ties, but made one in the chartruse in the photo and then I also made a matching belt too.
- I like the option of not having the ties attached.
- I used a silky from JoAnn Fabrics.
- It has the great fortune to make my bust look bigger. Win all around.
Swing or tent dresses are always popular in summer, it’s like wearing a slip. The next time I make this I most likely will put in pockets.